Date: April 26, 2017
About the workshop:
If you are just starting on your journey into the rapidly growing area of mobile application or website testing it can seem a daunting prospect. While many existing testing skills are transferable, there is a lot of new information and knowledge to learn and a lot of pitfalls to avoid. In this course you will pick up useful hints and tips, learnt from within the industry, on areas such as:
- How software testing for mobile devices differs from the desktop world.
- Understanding your mobile user.
- How to form a successful mobile testing strategy.
- How the mobile industry and technology impacts software testing.
- Hints and tips on both manual and automated techniques.
This practical, hands-on, course will benefit not only those who are starting to test mobile, but also those that have been testing for a while, and want to improve their skills and learn more. You probably know how to use a mobile device so come along and learn how to test one!
Please bring a mobile device, preferably a smartphone. OS is not important, in fact, the more variety the better.
- What is mobile and why test on mobile?
- The mobile consumer and mobile landscape.
- Testing on mobile:
- The similarities and differences to desktop.
- Mobile payment and e-commerce.
- UI, Gestures and Interactions.
- Exercise – The Differences Between Devices and OS’s.
- The Specifics of Mobile Testing.
- Sapient vs. Automated.
- UX Challenges and testing impact.
- Non-functional testing and the extra’s to consider for mobile.
- Mobile Networks and how they affect testing.
- Submission to Apps Stores.
- Exercise – Mind-mapping a mobile application.
- Mobile test strategies
- Choosing your devices.
- OS’s and Applications.
- Understanding the customer and how they use mobile.
- Targeting your mobile testing.
- Getting out of the office.
- Exercise – Real life testing challenge”